Wednesday, December 8, 2010

LOL @ Meyer

I was just wiki-ing Twilight (since I hadn't done it before) and I found this AMAZING quote regarding the reception of Breaking Dawn. Apparently a reviewer from Washington Post didn't think too highly of it and said:

"Meyer has put a stake through the heart of her own beloved creation," and "Breaking Dawn has a childbirth sequence that may promote lifelong abstinence in sensitive types."

LOL.That sums up BD perfectly. It really did bring the legacy of Twilight down by several (hundred) notches and the fact that Bella gave birth is actually not as bad as Jacob imprinting on the baby of his once love-interest. I think I raged for several days when I read that. Wow I sound like such a no-life Twihard. I promise I'm not (anymore).

She goes on to describe how "Twilight is really all about unrequited female erotic yearning" and how Edward acts more like an obsessive fatherly figure to Bella rather than a 17-year-old boyfriend, how Bella is also frail, weak, hurt, needing to be carried/rescued and pretty much resembles a helpless child.

"It gets worse: Breaking Dawn has a childbirth sequence that may promote lifelong abstinence in sensitive types. And it becomes downright surreal when the lovelorn lycanthrope Jacob gets romantically imprinted on Bella's newborn daughter, Renesmee, a blood-slurping newborn nicknamed Nessie (for the Loch Ness monster). This imprinting is a werewolf thing: Jacob's 14-year-old friend earlier imprinted on a toddler, with the implication that she will eventually become his mate.

Reader, I hurled."


And for some reason the fire and passion of Edward and Bella's love has kinda died out on me. Whenever I think of them together now it's like they're brother and sister or something. Ouch. I mean, ew. This is gonna be painful sitting through Breaking Dawn next year, esp. in that scene when they start having sex in the ocean under the moonlight. Yeah I hope they keep that in the film. It's gonna be so awkward for all the little 12-year-old tweens in the cinema who should really be watching Bieber making out with another 12-year-old.

Read the full review here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/07/AR2008080702528.html

Time to stop and get more vamp action. Ooooh yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment